Daily Photo: Can she really see me?

December 16, 2008 · Print This Article

I was walking over my favorite pedestrian bridge in Shinjuku with my D80 and Nikkor 80-200mm out when I saw this group of model-looking western girls, quite a rare site, even in Shinjuku.  I actually think I recognized two of them, or at least the blonde girl, from a few days earlier when I was walking to Shinjuku and passed them.  Naturally I paused and snapped a few shots.  Maybe I was taking shots of them for about a minute, waiting for people to pass by to get a good clear shot.  Now, does the blonde girl’s expression say I see you and let me make a nice funny face for you?

I was pretty far away and high up, so I totally didn’t expect to get caught.  Glad I did though and glad the blonde girl was so cool about getting photographed.  Probably she’s a model and used to it.

KIT USED:

• Nikon D80
  • Nikkor AF ED 80-200mm lens

EXIF DATA:

Comments

8 Responses to “Daily Photo: Can she really see me?”

1. on December 17th, 2008 1:10 AM

Yeah, she saw you all right. And they definitely look like models.

Hmmm, maybe I should have gone and given them my photography business card then??

2. on December 17th, 2008 3:04 AM

I’m thinking the guy behind her looks rather model-esque himself 😀

I’ll keep my eye open for that guy again Danielle and can get a number if I see him again!

3. on December 17th, 2008 8:48 AM

Models in Shinjuku? They’ve strayed far from their normal Roppongi-Hiro-Akasaka habitat. Maybe that’s the look on her face – the fear of not being able to find a Segafredo….

Ha! Maybe they were into old records, which that area of Shinjuku is known for?

I’ll have to go shooting in Hiroo soon then. I knew there was a reason I felt in the back of my mind I should go there.

4. on December 17th, 2008 8:59 AM

Its a funny shot! I wonder if she was trying to wreck your shot or she was just shocked, what was the reaction after you took the picture, di d they leave? By the way, do you manually add the EXIF data into this post or is this a nice easy way to do it?

They just kept on chatting while I was shooting and even after I left. I think only the blonde girl noticed me. Even after she made that face none of the others turned to see what she was looking at.

For the EXIF data, I just took a screenshot of that exact dialogue box you see in iPhoto and then yes, manually FTP-ed it to my webhost. I do it because anytime I see a photo the first thing I think after deciding if I like the photo or not is wonder what settings the photographer used, and often there is no info.