LOST 5×15 “Follow the Leader”
May 7, 2009 · Print This Article
The penultimate LOST season 5 episode did a good job of setting the table, if this episode itself was lacking action. Perhaps the final destinies of all the main characters have been set. I find myself growing a little impatient with LOST. I used to be the most patient viewer never complaining about not getting answers. However, now that we are close to the end, I just want to know all without setup episodes, filler episodes, or anything in between.
I felt like we were getting some closure with this episode. Could we really be seeing the last of Sawyer, Juliette and Kate?? By far the best scene of the episode, and the best acted, was just as Sawyer and Juliette exchange the L-word, who gets locked in right between them? Kate. Great plotting, if the setup of Kate going off into the jungle by herself was a bit of a gimmick.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Hurley, “Alright dude, we’re from the future.” Possibly funniest Hurley line ever.
- Swimming through an underwater tunnel to get to the bomb.
- Locke saying he was going to kill Jacob…that would be sweet.
- Locke taunting Ben for never having seen Jacob.
- Juliette’s unfailing willingness to show us a glimpse of her divine cluh-vage (and Eloise seems to want to as well).
- Dr. Chang being open minded and taking action.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Kate abandoning Jack again
- Sayid just popping out of the jungle to gimmick his place into the finale
- There still be NO explanation of Richard, beyond the tidbit we got from Ben this time about him being a “guide” and having done that for a looong time.
I just hope this won’t be another season finale that is just a bunch of violence like two seasons ago. I hope we get some definitive information on Jacob, Richard and the 4-toed statue.