Daily Photo: Last green leaves before autumn

September 28, 2008 · Print This Article

This shot was taken at Shizen Kyoikuen (The Institute for Nature Study National Science Museum) in Meguro, Tokyo, Japan on the first day of autumn.

UPDATE: This photo won “Photo of the Week” in Metropolis Magazine Issue #761

EQUIPMENT USED: Nikon D80 with a Nikkor 50mm 1.8D lens

EXIF DATA:

Comments

8 Responses to “Daily Photo: Last green leaves before autumn”

1. Jei
    on September 29th, 2008 1:37 AM

Next time let me know you’re coming down to my neighborhood! I love that park–I go every chance I get. It’s my solace from the city. Went in there last December and the leaves were just starting to turn, so you’ve got a little while before the last green leaves of the season.

Yeah, sorry, it was a spur of the moment kind of decision to go there. I was surprised by how old the forest felt in that park. Aya said a lot of trees were over 100 years old, which isn’t that old, but for Tokyo, I guess it is.

2. on October 24th, 2008 9:20 PM

Congrats, Jason! You’ve better photos than this though.

Thanks Curt, yes I agree with you, not my best photo by far, but maybe I just submitted the right photo at the right time.

3. on October 24th, 2008 9:23 PM

Wow, congrats for the Photo of the Week! Hajime will envy you.

I like green color. Meguro area has been a good residential area for more than 400 years, so it’s likely that those trees are way older than 100 years.

Thanks Yoko…Hajime maybe gave me too much good advice!

Yes, the trees in that park are very old, many of them over 100 years and I think one in particular was 300 years old Aya said. It’s a really surprising place to be found in the middle of Tokyo.

4. Dy
    on November 23rd, 2008 12:41 AM

You deserved to win this one. Your photograph is very beautiful. Love the composition, love the way it moves the eye across itself, love the color.

Thank you Dy…I’ll send you a copy of the magazine it was in.